Sunday, November 22, 2009

More Adventures

...include Thanksgiving for the entire faculty which was a fantastic time on Saturday afternoon. I think I can confidently claim that I will never again attempt to make homemade apple pie and pumpkin pie (from whole pumpkin to pie) for a large group ever again. haha. It was not so bad, but without certain conveniences like pastry cutters and canned pumpkin, and tools in the circa 1950's kitchen of our school cafeteria, this made for quite the undertaking. THANKFULLY the 14 or so pies we made came out mostly beautifully, with a few exceptions, but it all tasted delicious! Pictures, I promise, will be up soon once I have finished the grades I need to submit for tomorrow... oops!

Another ongoing event in the adventures of the ladies of Pink house: our battle with the washing machine... Here is another follow-up email that was sent by my roommate, which I found particularly amusing:

Hi ---,

Do you have any update or ETA on the replacement washing machine at Pink House? I tried to do laundry today and it didn't go well - it ended with me saying some very harsh words to the machine after it nearly crushed a few of my fingers while trying to run away. It would be nice to have laundry be a non-event again, so anything that you can do to hurry the new machine along to our house would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
A

I certainly hope that our washing machine can be fixed soon... but it does make for some amusing stories! I have not tried using it recently, especially with Abby's stories, however my laundry sitch is getting a bit dire!

No comments: